What We Do
CrossFit 460 is a strength and conditioning facility with fitness programs designed for first time CrossFitters to competitive athletes and everyone in between. Our fitness programs are structured around the 10 recognized fitness domains of CrossFit: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy. We focus on correct functional movement mechanics that can be applied in our everyday lives.
Video Courtesy of Darren Van Dyke
CrossFit is based on a foundation of sound nutrition, metabolic conditioning, gymnastics, weightlifting, and sport.The beauty of CrossFit is that it is universally scalable to an individual athlete’s background and current fitness level. We can help first time exercisers and competitors in the same class while guaranteeing each athlete’s safety and challenging their physical abilities.
Our Training Philosophy
At CrossFit 460 we believe that CrossFit can prepare you for the physical demands of life. Our programming is defined as, “constantly varied, functional movements performed at high intensity.” Regardless of your personal fitness goals, we believe that this style of training is more effective at achieving almost any desired fitness result. We understand that each individual is different. With our knowledge and expertise, we can modify any of the workouts to suit your specific needs.
CrossFit 460 was born out of an idea that fitness is worth so much more to our members than longevity – fitness is about establishing a lifetime of healthy habits, generating self-confidence, and building a deep commitment to give back to our community.
This idea has allowed CrossFit 460 to develop a promise, across three foundational concepts, for our members: Fitness First. Member Engagement. Community Collaboration.
Fitness First: CrossFit 460 is committed to helping all of our members – regardless of current physical condition or athletic goals – reach their peak performance ability.
- Members will have access to all the CrossFit equipment to help them succeed and promote the concept of “constantly varied” within the CrossFit model
- Members will receive proper training and achieve appropriate competency levels on all equipment and CrossFit skills during class time
- Members will have access to Open Gym time that allows them to master their weaknesses outside of class
- Members will have access to coaches both in and outside of class times – we are here for YOU!
Member Engagement: CrossFit 460 knows our members are our greatest asset, and we are committed to making CrossFit accessible to all people who want to be a part of our community.
- Members will be engulfed in a community of like-minded people who are committed to continual improvement, accepting of challenges, and like a splash of competition
- Members will recognize immediately the passion for coaching and CrossFit that is required by CrossFit 460 owners and coaches. We get to be here because of YOU!
- Members will have access to the Kids’ Corner, which will allow parents to bring their kids to a safe, injury-free environment while they train
Community Collaboration: CrossFit 460 is in service to the New River Valley community and is committed to a strong foundation of service through partnerships, sponsorships and fundraisers.
- Members will have access to CrossFit, Inc fundraisers including annual events such as Barbells for Boobs, Murph, & CrossFit for Hope
- Members will have the opportunity to participate in future CrossFit 460 fundraisers
- Members will be encouraged to propose new philanthropic endeavors aimed at improving the lives of New River Valley residents
We are the sum of our parts; we are nothing without our members. CrossFit 460 is rooted in a fundamental principle that our members are king (or queen!). If you want to be the “Fittest Man (or Woman) on Earth” or coach your kid’s soccer team, we can help. All goals are created equal, and we look forward to the opportunity to support your athletic endeavors!